There's been a bunch of new happenings in and around Brisbane lately.
New Riverwalk opened
The new Riverwalk was opened on 21 September 2014, with thousands of people showing up for the official opening.
The new Riverwalk has a segregated bike & pedestrian design which makes it a perfect bicycle commuting route, as well as a safe pedestrian space. It's expected to see 3000 commuters daily.
CityCycle “bonus stations”
JCDecaux in conjunction with Brisbane City Council have announced a new CityCycle scheme called “bonus stations” where depositing a bike at certain stations around the network can earn you minutes toward longer rides.
It sounds like it might be a way to help balance the load of the network, although the perks don't seem especially enticing unless you're finding yourself regularly going over the time limit.
Bonus stations include:
- Station 140: (Dunmore Tce / Kingsford St)
- Station 102: (Besant St / Vulture St)
- Station 54: (McLachlan St / Winn St)
- Station 131: (Shafston Ave / Thorn St)
- Station 7: (Margaret St / Edward St)
- Station 75: (Browne St / James St)